Evil forces are approaching the city of Rowan in Meeples & Monsters. Send your heroes out to prepare the city, train peasants, fight monsters, and complete quests. Once the Dark Council arrives, players have a final chance to attack the Dark Overlords. Make the most efficient upgrades and defeat more monsters than other heroes to be named the new Earl Marshall.
Designed by Ole Steiness
Art by Gong Studios
Published by Alderac Entertainment Group
- Bag building is an exciting mechanic. It is fun to pull bits from a bag and hope for the specific bits you need.
- Meeples & Monsters uses bag building where all components get used and then the bag resets. This means you will definitely get to use powerful meeples you acquire.
- Several rule ambiguities bog down initial plays of the game. Often leading to a long and bad first impression.
- Heroes with wood glue, beavers and termite monsters, and dark overlords with saws is funny to board game nerds, but the theme mostly comes across as generic fantasy.
- Art is great, colorful, and welcoming. Very cool monster and character designs.
- Satisfying to find useful action combos, or upgrade your heroes and develop your bag to get extra draws.
- Decent game overall. Had potential to be really good if not hampered by rule issues and other minor flaws.
Leave a Reply